हि पाककृती मराठीतून वाचण्यासाठी इथे क्लिक करा.
- Rice- 1 cup (Not necessary to use Basmati rice, use your daily used rice. I used here unpolished rice which is more healthy.)
- Split green gram (Mung Dal)- ½ cup
- Peanuts- ¼ cup (If you like peanuts, use more upto ½ cup)
- Spinach, chopped- 3 cups (or 1 small bunch)
- Onion, chopped- ¾ cup (1 large)
- Tomatoes, chopped- ½ cup (1 med.)
- Garlic, crushed or finelly chopped - 6 cloves
- Mustered seeds- ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Asafetida (Hing)- ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Chilly powder or Homemade (gharguti) masala- 2 tsp
- Goda masala- 2 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Hot water- approx 2 ½ to 3 cups (depends your rice quality)
- Frsh coconut, scrapped- ¼ cup (for garnishing)
- Desi Ghee or Sajuk Tup (Clarified butter) - as required (optional)
- Sock peanuts in water for atleast 1 hour.
- Separate the spinach leaves from the stem. Wash and chop the leaves. Use the tender stems.
- Wash rice, mung dal properly, drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a casserole. Add mustered seeds. When they will start pooped, add cumin seeds, garlic and onion.
- When onion turns pink, add turmeric powder, hing, chilly powder and sauté for a while.
- Add tomato, spinach, groundnuts and goda masala. Sauté for a minute.
- Add rice and dal. Add hot water as required. Cover and cook simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or till cooked. You can also make this rice in pressure cooker.
- Before serving, if you like, add some ghee on rice.
- Garnish with grated coconut. Serve hot with any type of salad and papad.